National Seashell Day Celebration On Fort Myers Beach
June 21, 2019 6:30 am
6200 Estero Blvd. Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
Come To Fort Myers Beach On National Seashell Day And Help Break A Guinness World Record!
The third annual National Seashell Day will kick off the summer season on June 21 at Fort Myers Beach.
The Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau (VCB) plans to break the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the Largest human image of a seashell. The VCB is asking for the support of the community to make it happen.
The VCB’s goal is to take the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title with more than 1,000 people on the beach to fill in the form of a seashell. A GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS adjudicator will be on-site to verify the attempt.
A few details:
- Registration: Click here to register or visit www.leevcb.com/events/2018-nat
ional-seashell-day for more information. Registration is required and volunteers will need to include shirt sizes for everyone in the party.
- When: The event will be held – rain or shine – from 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, June 21, on the beach behind The Outrigger Beach Resort, 6200 Estero Blvd., Fort Myers Beach.
- Early start: Arrival time is 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. for check-in under the Tiki Hut at the Outrigger.
- Free shirts, hats, snacks: Commemorative 2018 National Seashell Day T-shirts and hats will be provided for participants, as well as complimentary water, fresh fruit, snacks, entertainment, and tent seating for shade.
- Thirsty? Bring refillable water bottles. To be more environmentally friendly, water stations will be available rather than handing out bottled water.
- No pets allowed.
- Parking: Parking will not be available on-site at the Outrigger Beach Resort.
- Tranportation: We strongly encourage participants to use the free Park & Ride on LeeTran’s Beach Trolleys (Route 400) to and from the event. Trolleys will run every 10-15 minutes from Fort Myers Beach Park & Ride, 11101 Summerlin Square Road (first trolley arrives at 6 a.m.), and from Lovers Key State Park, 8700 Estero Blvd., east side (first trolley arrives at 6:45 a.m.).
- Bus pass: A free bus pass will be provided in the registration confirmation email.
- Use #NationalSeaShellDay to promote the event through social media.
This event runs from June 21, 2018 6:30 am to June 21, 2024 6:30 am.Upcoming Dates:
- June 21, 2019 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- June 21, 2020 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- June 21, 2021 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- June 21, 2022 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- June 21, 2023 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- June 21, 2024 | 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM