Tropical Storm Laura Updates and Helpful Links
Florida State Emergency Response Team – dated 8/24 5 P.M.
- A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for the Lower and Middle Florida Keys.
- Tropical storm force winds are ongoing in squalls the Florida Keys: 50-70mph, 30-45mph outside of squalls
Links For Everyone
National Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on the hurricane
From Florida Power and Light
Town of Fort Myers Beach – Read the latest updates and advisories from the Town
Lee County Emergency Management – information on current weather updates and emergency information.
Alert Lee – new notification tool for Lee County residents
LeePrepares – add this app to your mobile device
Florida 511 – provides real-time information on road conditions and closures
South Florida Water Management District – get the latest information on navigation through SFWMD structures and waterways
Gasbuddy.com – provides information on gas availability and pricing
Links For Visitors
Florida Now – A service of Visit Florida this site provides weather alerts and resources to assist visitors with making the most informed travel planning decisions possible.
Links For Businesses
From the US Chamber of Commerce
- Disaster Help Desk for Business—Businesses and chambers can call 1-888-My-Biz-Help (888-692-4943) for direct support from disaster recovery experts.
- Resilience in a Box—Resource guide based on best practices designed to help educate business leaders on disaster preparedness and business resilience.
- Disaster Recovery Quick Guides—made possible by Shell, has tailored tips for small businesses and chambers looking to prepare and recover.