Winners Announced For The 24th Annual Taste of the BeachMay 7, 2019 • Dine
The Fort Myers Beach Chamber of Commerce hosted its 24th Annual Taste of the Beach on Sunday May 5th, 2019. The popular food festival held on Fort Myers Beach included approximately 14 restaurants plus promotional vendors and live music provided from 11-4pm.
Local restaurants served up samples of their best signature dishes available for purchase. They also competed for the top Taste of the Beach Award honors in several categories including; Best Appetizer, Best Dessert, Best Surf Entree, Best Chicken Entree, Best Turf Entree, People’s Choice, and Best Decorated Booth. The winners included:
- Best Appetizer: Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille
- Best Dessert: Fish-Tale Waterfront Dining
- Best Surf Entree: Sunset Beach Tropical Grill
- Best Chicken Entree: Castaway’s Bar and Grill
- Best Turf Entree: Sunset Beach Tropical Grill
- People’s Choice: Coste Island Cuisine
- Best Decorated Booth: Castaway’s Bar and Grill
This year, the Chamber inaugurated a ‘Beer Garden’ which was centered around the always spirited Server Competition. The second runner-up server team was Sunset Beach Grill, the first runner-up server team was Nervous Nellie’s, and the winning server team was Doc Ford’s! The Village featured local artisans and vendors of all kinds.
The Fort Myers Beach Chamber would like to thank everyone who attended the event, as well as our participating restaurants, sponsors, vendors, and of course our volunteers who make all of our events possible!